The ideal candidate will manage vendor partnerships in a way that pursues Kinsey’s Archery’s best interests. The Archery Buyer will be responsible for maintaining and analyzing inventory levels, product selection, and vendor programs. Accuracy, efficiency, the ability to make decisions quickly, enthusiasm and a high degree of organization are necessary assets for this individual to possess. The Archery Buyer will need to multitask and use time management in order to ensure Kinsey’s Archery provides a high service and in-stock inventory level to our dealers. The ability to participate as a team in a collaborative environment is essential to this role.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain buying and inventory levels for assigned vendors.
- Analyze vendor programs for complete product selection and to ensure profitability.
- Manage OTB and open purchase orders as well as resolve vendor shipping errors in a manner that suits the company’s best interests.
- Negotiate programs and promotions with our vendor partners to create win-win situations.
- Seek out new product and vendor opportunities.
- Travel as required
- Other tasks as assigned
- In depth product knowledge of archery and bowhunting equipment. Active participation required.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in the archery industry (retail and buying experience preferred).
- Proficient in typing and computer skills
- Experienced with Excel formulas and functions for in depth data analysis.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills.