The primary objective of the System Administrator is to manage day to day execution of IT infrastructure for the organization. Oversee technical projects in alignment with organizational goals and implement the effective delivery of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes. Work with IT staff and outside vendors to find solutions for business activities.
- Problem solving
- Taking initiative
- Evaluate current processes to look for efficiency improvements
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Accomplish information technology results by planning, monitoring initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain computer operating systems, program products, wide/local area networks, workstations, and communication solutions by planning installing, and improving/enhancing hardware and software, and troubleshooting any problems
- Implement IT projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and serving as primary contact/project lead with internal teams.
- Influence information systems policy by developing strategies, policies, and procedures; recommending disaster recover/backup procedures and information security and control structures
- Maintain system security by performing regular monitoring for possible intrusions, identify security threats, and implementing strategies to reduce security threats
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Develop & improve primary systems & processes
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards
- Be proficient in all programs, such as BC, Jet, K-Net and other systems in order to troubleshoot problems
- Create & contribute to team effort by assisting with related results as needed and promoting the Power of One