The ideal candidate will keep Kinsey’s end-users up and running smoothly and efficiently. The Desktop Support Technician would work on help desk issues for end users at Kinsey’s and train in server support as time allows. Understanding the importance of integrity, teamwork, and excellence will allow for a good fit for the candidate and Kinsey’s. Also, having an internal customer focus is an expectation of this individual. This individual will be asked to work within the System Administration Code of Ethics when going about their daily tasks.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and resolve all supported hardware/software issues to best of ability before escalating. Document ticket with all steps taken to resolve the problem, including all relevant information for the next level of support.
- Inventory, provision, update, and maintain computer hardware, devices and software licenses.
- Create user accounts and profiles in Active Directory and other internal software as directed.
- Performs computer software, equipment, cabling, and communications equipment installations.
- Works with clients, vendors, contractors and maintenance providers.
- Performs general IT related maintenance tasks
- Two-year degree in computer-related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong professional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Windows 7/10
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
Bonus Skill Set
- MSSQL Reporting
- Experience Using/Supporting Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Any Programming Language
- VOIP Experience
- A+ and/or Network+ Certificates
- Develop & improve primary systems & processes
- Maintain quality service by following organization standard
- Create & contribute to team effort by assisting with related results as needed
- Become proficient with key programs, such as Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Office Suite and other systems in order to troubleshoot problem
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies