The primary objective of the Customer Service Lead is to maintain customer satisfaction and serve customers by managing customer service levels throughout the store; assigning short- and long-term objectives; providing product and service information; resolving product and service problems; and completing sales transactions. Another crucial aspect of the role is managing the part time customer service team. Full time, 40 hour a week schedule, with one evening a week and every other Sunday weekend schedule.
- Leadership and management
- Work well in a team environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Taking initiative
- Consideration for exceptional customer service
- Written and verbal communication
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide customers with an enjoyable shopping experience; including greeting customers, answering customer questions, exhibiting a cheerful attitude, and providing prompt attention to customer problems while finding resolutions.
- Identify customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintain Customer Service Department and maintain store Customer Service levels by establishing expectations and goals, coaching, and training employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
- Train store staff by reviewing and revising orientation and training materials; delivery training sessions; reviewing staff job results and learning needs with sales manager
- Increase sales by suggesting related and additional products and services
- Reconcile cash drawer by balancing transactions; maintaining supply of cash and currency
- Troubleshoot problems at the register quickly and efficiently with customer’s satisfaction in mind
- Assist Marketing Manager in daily tasks
- Maintain knowledge of products by attending information meetings; referring questions to supervisor or floor sales associates.
- Maintain inventory by keeping shelves stocked, items priced, and vending machines supplied
- Maintain store appearance by creating a clean, orderly, and safe shopping environment
- Maintain customer records by updating account information