Job Opening: Warehouse Manager Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting To: President Job Location: Mount Joy, PA 17552
The primary objective of the Warehouse Manager is to supervise, guide, direct and mentor the warehouse management team to ensure all customers’ needs are met and employee morale and production is constructive.
- Influences and inspires others to act in an energetic, committed fashion in pursuit of positive customer outcomes.
- Motivate and encourage staff.
- Gains respect through behavior that creates trust and confidence so others are willing followers. Manage with integrity.
- Be an effective leader by communicating and listening.
- Consider the needs of others.
- Continuous Improvement
- Finds it unacceptable when customer outcomes could be improved.
- Takes personal responsibility for maintaining and upgrading own knowledge, skills and abilities to ensure high service to internal and external customers.
- Is proactive in calling attention to deficiencies or opportunities in the areas of service and productivity.
- Organizational Awareness
- Stays open minded and adapts new strategies as needed – Have “influencers” understand and are on board with change.
- Embraces the organizational climate as it evolves.
- Improve employee relationships to further develop total company teamwork and cooperation.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead department managers and teams to deliver on all customer time frames.
- Develop skills of staff through increased training and responsibilities.
- Evaluate process procedures and always look for new ways to improve efficiencies.
- Empower others, supervisors and staff, to reach new heights.
- Mentor supervisors and commit to growing them to become good leaders.
- Be proficient in computer programs and reports which are necessary to complete personnel duties.
- Hold and lead management meetings to discuss tasks, process improvements, challenges facing the group, struggles dealt with, and for information sharing.